Using HTML Webpage to control the device?

A 40 Pin Dip packaged development board enabling you to create internet connected products

Using HTML Webpage to control the device?

Postby twd2 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:39 am

Hi,

I'd like to use an HTML webpage for the purpose of controlling a robot, using the Wifi Dipcortex for wireless connectivity.

Does anyone know what would be the simplest way of acquiring connectivity between the module and a webpage? Would it be best to use the Kitchensink example project as a basis and modifying it to communicate with a webpage instead of putty?

Cheers,

Tom
twd2

Re: Using HTML Webpage to control the device?

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 pm

You could use the HTTP client library on mbed, perhaps have it fetch www.yourdomain.com/commands.txt on a timer. you could then create a php script that gives you an interface and writes commands to this file.

This method bypasses any NAT issues as your making the dipcortex fetch the data.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Postby twd2 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks for the reply Carl.

I've done a little bit of googling around the topic and some sources suggest that using an HTTP Server on the mbed itself is the best way to go about it. I have absolutely no experience in this type of thing so it could be quite a challenge!
twd2

Postby peter247 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 am

I`m using about 7 different platform for my project right now, each platform as its advantages and disadvantages.
If you just want simple control of a robot etc , try looking at the flyport platform , it will not do half of the stuff which mbed will do , but having a web page with ajax control ouputs / inputs that`s flyport does best.
peter247

Return to WiFi DipCortex