Can't connect to AP

A 40 Pin Dip packaged development board enabling you to create internet connected products

Can't connect to AP

Postby Sailing_Nut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi,
I just for my WiFi DIP Cortex and I'm using the USB kitchen sink program. I edited the SSID, key and WEP type (I'm using WPA) in wifi.h but the module will not connect to my network.

Any idea where I can begin troubleshooting the problem?

Also does anyone have an APK version of the TI Smart Config application? I have not been able to find anything other than the source and I don't have the Android IDE installed to be able to compile it.
Sailing_Nut

Re: Can't connect to AP

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 am

Yep, not sure why TI haven't published the android app as yet, I'm tempted to do it for them :) But there are lots of licencing/crypto export rules..

They have a compiled .apk you can install I use it on my phone, it's hidden in the source download :

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... _Downloads - Half way down (search for "Android SmartConfig Application")

Heres a direct link that may work

Extract and do a search for a .apk

Let me know if that helps to get you connected.

Other things to check are the access points config, make sure it's not set to N only.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to AP

Postby Sailing_Nut » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks!

The configuration app was able to get me connected.

Now I just need to figure out how I want to do setup moving forward. (I would hope that I can do it programmatically from the device.)

Also now time to dig into the API for the wireless chip and get my solution working.
Sailing_Nut

Return to WiFi DipCortex