Connect WiFiDipCortex to a LPC1769 running LpcNxpUsbLib

A 40 Pin Dip packaged development board enabling you to create internet connected products

Connect WiFiDipCortex to a LPC1769 running LpcNxpUsbLib

Postby micronpn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi,
I would like to control a WiFiDipCortex from a LPC1769 based board using its USB port as a host port.
I tried using a CDC Host class impelementation but seems that it doesn't recognize WiFiDipCortex also if USBView and Win7 recognize it as a CDC device.

I think to have problems on the Endpoints, these are those reported by USBview:

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN
Transfer Type: Interrupt
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0010 (16)
bInterval: 0x02

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x02 OUT
Transfer Type: Bulk
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64)
bInterval: 0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x82 IN
Transfer Type: Bulk
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64)
bInterval: 0x00

and this is the standard CDC host descriptor:

USB_ClassInfo_CDC_Host_t VirtualSerial_CDC_Interface = {
.Config = {
.DataINPipeNumber = 1,
.DataINPipeDoubleBank = false,

.DataOUTPipeNumber = 2,
.DataOUTPipeDoubleBank = false,

.NotificationPipeNumber = 3,
.NotificationPipeDoubleBank = false,

.PortNumber = 0,
},
};

seems to me they are not compatible but I am not an USB expert.
Did anyone any test to connect WiFiDipCortex to a LPC1769 using its USB port in host mode?
micronpn

Re: Connect WiFiDipCortex to a LPC1769 running LpcNxpUsbLib

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi,

I haven't seen anyone else attempt to use the USB port via another micro, I'm sure it's possible.
But why not use the serial uart to link the two, would be far easier and you would have less software in the way.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Re: Connect WiFiDipCortex to a LPC1769 running LpcNxpUsbLib

Postby micronpn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Because I have no free UART, they are used to connect other communication peripherals.
Actually I tried a Virtual Com Host I found (it is made by NXP but it is experimental). It really not works with WiFiDipCortex but also with "standard" CDC Virtual Com (I used USBView on Win7 and I am sure they are enumerated as CDC devices). I think to have more things to correct, what I don't understand and could be useful your help is that USBView detects WiFiDipCortex as a little bit strange device because it has a 3rd endpoint descriptor that seems to be in/out. I understood that a control endpoint may be in/out but at the moment I don't understand how I can map it on the host side. I attached the USBView report, any help is useful.

I normally interface USB memory keys, keyboards and HID devices on the USB host port of the LPC1769 but it is the 1st time I am interfacing a CDC (VirtualSerial) device and seems that there are less informations and less examples.
Attachments
USBView-WiFiDipCortex.zip
(781 Bytes) Downloaded 2910 times
micronpn

Return to WiFi DipCortex